Surfaceskins have been successfully validated by numerous in vitro trials at NHS hospitals and internationally-renowned microbiology research organisations.
In these trials, pushpads were deliberately contaminated by contaminated fingertips, then the touched areas were tested sixty seconds after being contaminated. Trials have compared Surfaceskins against combinations of antimicrobial copper and aluminium door plates with E.coli, E.faecilis, Salmonella enterica, Staphylococcus aureus, and feline calcivirus (a surrogate for human norovirus). After seven days of repeated testing, Surfaceskins were consistently found to be much more effective at reducing contamination – showing over a 90% drop in colony forming units in the majority of tests.
Surfaceskins' awards include:
- Surfaceskins Wins the RISE® Innovation Award, USA 2019.
- Finalist at The Spectator – Disruptor of the Year Awards 2018.
- Medilink Innovation in Healthcare Award, Sheffield Healthcare Gateway
- Shell LiveWIRE Grand Ideas Award
- Venturefest Innovation Showcase Award
- Innovation of the Year – Yorkshire Post Excellence in Business Awards